Cym Materiales SA manufactures blasting equipment for the mechanical descaling of wire rods by batch ensuring high productivity with a low operating cost and a process that does not pollute the environment.
The COIL blasting machine has been designed to process wire rods of up to 3000 kilos of weight at a time ranging from 7 to 20 minutes depending on the type of steel and diameters of wire to be treated.
Two models of machines available, COIL4 and COIL5 with 4m and 5m mandrel and 6 and 8 turbines, respectively, ensure optimum coverage in the rolls of processed wires.
According to customer requirements, COIL equipment can have one or two mandrel loading doors. The double door machine minimizes downtime and optimizes the process by allowing the loading of a coil while the inside of the equipment is being blasting.
– Triple housing layers
• External 1010 steel – 8 – 12 mm thick
• Double internal liners coverage
– 100% coverage 4 mm manganese steel (11-14%) full welded
– Extra lining (hot area) with 8 -10 mm high CR (Hardness >62Rc). Bolt-on replaceable
– Screw conveyor – Spiral 15b30 boron-steel
– Door designed to provide access to the blast cabinet and support the mandrel. with electric drive for opening and closing movement
– Pneumatic door lock to hold door closed during blast cycle
– Second door to reduce dead time
– Mandrel with special lifter for more efficient expansion and retraction of coil to expose all surfaces wire to the abrasive.
– 4 m y 5 m length
– Max load capacity: 3 ton
– Swinging type mandrel, allows the door to open independent of the mandrel for easy loading / unloading coils
– Pneumatic closing manganese steel plate on the end of the mandrel to ensure that it does not work cantilevered – preventing premature failure due to fatigue
– Rubber Shaft coverage
– Lifters Steel – SAE 1045
– Frequency inverter for rotation control
– Located strategically with a correct distribution of the shot on the coil to be treated resulting in a better coverage and better performance of the machine
– Drive 40 HP (30 Kw) & 50 HP (37.5Kw)
– Direct drive
– Housing manufacture in MN (11-14%) steel Forming together with the internal liners a double resistant wear wall
– High chrome steel Internal liners – > 62Rc Hardness. Liners supported by screw with hardened cast steel head for abrasion protection
– Positioning and fixing system for control cage, avoiding the risk of incorrect adjustment of the hot spot.
– Close labyrinth of abrasive between engine coupling and housing with possibility to mount the turbines in any position
Abrasive recovery system
– Bucket elevator
• Cast bucket – SAE 1035 steel
– 3000 SF High efficiency Air flow abrasive cleaning
– Upper Screw – Spiral 15b30 boron-steel
– Storage hopper for good abrasive
– Maintenance platform
– Pneumatic Valves flow
– Magna Valve – Amperage Electronic Control
– Automatic Abrasive Regeneration System
– Steel construction: 3.2 mm thick
– Cartridge media cleaning: reverse Pulse jet
– Easy replacement cartridges
– Efficiency ≥ 0.5 micron / 99.9%
– Emission < 50 mg/m3
– 200L dust accumulation drum with lid transition to drum with sleeve filter
– Intermediate gravitational separator located between blast cabinet and dust collector allows increasing the air flow inside the cabinet without risk of carry good abrasive to the dust collector
– Silencer and Mineral wool cover kit to reduce noise ≤ 85dBA a 1.52m
– Maintenance platform
– Control panel is divided en four (4) cabinets
• Control cabinet contactors, electro valves, etc
• Operation control cabinet 24 V
• Two operation mandrel cabinet 24 V – mounted in each door.
– Components and motors: according to customer requirement IEC, Nema, UE, etc.
– Siemens S7-1200 PLC control
– Total HP/Kw
• COIL 4 – 347 HP / 260.25 Kw
• COIL 5 – 464 HP / 348 Kw
– Movement sensor motors
– Cooling system Rittal (for maximal temperature: + 45 °c)
– Soft Start motors
(*) The maximum kilos of load for the different diameters of coils differ according to the diameter of the same.
(**) The production can vary depending the diameter and weight of rod, degree of rust, mill scale, and or other contaminants present
(***)If the equipment you require is not in this catalog please contact our sales or engineering departments which will help to develop the best
equipment to suit your needs with our goal to reduce operating costs and increase profitability in your production systems.