Tumble belt shot blasting machines are the most universal among all shotblasters as their design makes them suitable for processing parts of different sizes in bulk loads.
Cym Materiales SA manufactures two groups of tumble belt machines. The blasting units belonging to the first group are rather small with one turbine and a shot capacity range of 20 to 60 liters while the second group has two turbines and a shot capacity from 130 to 900 liters.
These types of tumble belt shot blasting machines are very easy to operate.
The process starts with the loading of the parts on the belt either manually or through an automatic loading system.
Once the door is closed the blasting cycle initiates. The wheels and the belt start spinning producing a continuous rotation of the parts thereby ensuring that all components are exposed to the shot blasting stream for consistent cleaning.
When the blasting process finishes, the machine stops automatically allowing the unloading of the parts to take place. Then, the operator moves the belt in the reverse direction to prepare the machine for a new load.
- External structure with robust and compact design made of SAE1010 steel
- Cast steel Liner plates (16/18% Cr) and manganese steel plates to protect cabinet
- Loading / unloading door for parts with manual or pneumatic opening according to model
- Screw conveyor – Spiral 15b30 boron-steel
- Wide easily accessible rear door for internal maintenance of the cabinet and bottom of the bucket elevator
Two options of high resistance to wear belt
- G Model: Rubber
- T Model Steel
Loading & Unloading
- Hydraulic parts loader
- Vibratory or belt conveyor for parts unloading
Bi-directional Blast Wheel
- Equipped with one or two blasting turbines according to the model of the machine-
- Located strategically with a correct distribution of the shot on the parts to be treated resulting in a better coverage and better performance of the machine
- Drive from 10 HP up to 60 HP
- Direct drive
- Housing manufacture in MN (11-14%) steel Forming together with the internal liners and double resistant wear wall
- High chrome steel Internal liners – > 62Rc. Liners attached by screw with hardened cast steel head cover for abrasion protection
- Positioning and fixing system for control cage, eliminates the risk of incorrect adjustment of the hot spot.
- Labyrinth seal of abrasive between engine coupling and housing with possibility to mount the turbines in any position
Abrasive recirculation system
- Bucket elevator
- Cast bucket – SAE 1035 steel
- High efficiency Air flow abrasive cleaning
- Storage hopper for good abrasive
- Pneumatic Valves flow
- Upper Screw – Spiral 15b30 boron-steel
- Magna Valve – Amperage Electronic Control
- Automatic Abrasive Regeneration System
- Maintenance platform
- Steel construction: 2 mm thick
- Cartridge media cleaning: reverse Pulse jet
- Easy replacement of cartridges
- Efficiency ≥ 0.5 micron / 99.9%
- Emission <1 mg/m3
- 200L dust accumulation drum with lid transition to drum with sleeve filter
- Intermediate gravitational separator located between blast cabinet and dust collector allows for increasing the air flow inside the cabinet without risk of carrying good abrasive to the dust collector drum
- Silencer and Mineral wool cover kit to reduce noise ≤ 85dBA a 1.52m
- Maintenance platform
- Control panel for operation control
- Components and motors: according to customer requirement IEC, Nema, UE, etc.
- PLC control: Siemens
- Emergency stop button: included
- Wire cables to connect control panel and motors
- Movement sensor motors
- Cooling system Rittal (for maximal temperature: + 45 °c)
- Soft Start motors
- Advantages of the use of 2-turbine tumble belt machines
- Blasting time reduced between 40% and 50% with similar installed power.
- Maintenance costs reduced by better exploitation of the equipment.
- Amount of blast consumption reduced by finished part.
- Electric consumption reduced by blasted part.
- Working costs reduced.
- More consistent quality of the parts.